One of the most prized of all dried flowers, billy buttons are a must have in the garden so that everyone who sees them can say, "WOW" and then they can remain everlasting in your home, sitting elegant in a vase or dotted through a native wildflower wreath.
These flowers are in high demand and can be expensive to buy, making them ideal to grow yourself. They are also the victim of mass-farming overseas and end up bleached, dyed, and preserved in nasty chemicals... yuk! Lets give these spectacular Australian natives a bit more respect and let them be yellow and natural and home grown. Did you know that they have the strongest smell of honey! Like any naturally grown and air-dried flower they will retain that beautiful smell long after they are picked.
Billy buttons are a perennial, which means that they will keep coming back year after year. They clump as they grow so that they can be divided as well, giving you even more plants. They are a Western Australian native, which makes you think they need dry, sandy soil, but these are actually swamp-dwellers! So if you have clay, like me, they will thrive as they do not mind getting wet feet. What they do need is full sun and they will grow up to a striking 75cm tall with beautiful strappy silver foliage.
- Not for international sale
- All perennials take a bit more time to get going when they are grown from seed, so be patient, it is worth the wait!
- Like many tall flowers, they might need a stake here and there
- If you have any questions about sowing and growing your seeds, please feel free to get in touch with me! Every seed I sell I grow myself so I am always here for you at any step along the way.
- 100 seeds in stunning resealable packets, perfect for managing the amount of seeds you sow - make sure you save some for later!
- Keep this beautiful packet to collect and store your own seeds from these flowers at the end of the season.